Are you considering building a home-based business?
Maybe you are looking at Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) with a product or you might be looking at a service or affiliate program.
All of these are good ideas and have their merits. If your funds are limited, then I would recommend you look at Affiliate marketing.
Why an Affiliate Marketing Business?
Affiliate marketing is very appealing for several reasons.
- Get started for little or no money
- Limited Upfront Costs
- Minimal Recurring Costs
- No Websites to Build
- No Domain Names to Buy
- No Recruiting
- No Inventory to Maintain
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
You might be asking, how can I get started?
Consider These 11 Secrets You Can Use to Start an Affiliate Marketing Business
- Commit to creating a plan and following through. This doesn’t have to be complicated, just decide that you will commit time to work on your affiliate business every day.
- Write down all of the things you are passionate about. You might love classic cars, sewing, cooking, gardening or many other things. Only you know what gets you excited.
- Pick the one that, if you had all the money and time in the world, you would want to spend your time doing. This may be hard for some, it was for me, but it will come to you. If you are struggling, go to Amazon.com and do some research to see what is popular that also interests you.
- Now that you have a subject, narrow your focus to a small aspect of that subject. I’ll give you an example. I know a couple that owns a nursery.
They tried selling all types of flowers for a bit and did OK, but it was when they narrowed their focus to daylilies that their business took off.
They have even narrowed it down to a few specific types of daylilies (there are hundreds of versions) and their business is now flourishing more than ever, and they spend less time working their business and make more money.
- Now that you have narrowed your focus go to google.com and research your subject further. Find out if there is a market to sell products in your niche. See what people are shopping for.
- Sign in to ClickBank or PayDotCom.com and search for products that fit your niche. There should be numerous different products available for you to market. Pick 3 to 5 different products that are showing good resale popularity.
- Now it’s time to do some Keyword research. Google offers a good Keyword tool to use. What you are trying to do is determine what keywords you can use to market your product(s).
You want to find 10 to 20 multi-word phrases that are being searched about 1000 to 10,000 times a day. Anything higher than that will be hard to compete in. Get your keyword phrases and write them down or save them in a spreadsheet.
- Next is to put your research into action. You can build a FREE Blog at blogger.com or wordpress.com. Both are good and they are easy to use.
Set up an account and pick a blog name based on your keywords. Example: daylilies.blogspot.xxx or daylilies.wordpress.com. Don’t worry about picking a fancy design; you just need to get your blog up and operational.
You can make changes to it once you get going.
- Sit down and start writing articles. If you have picked something that gets you excited when you talk about it, then writing a 500 to 750-word article about it should be pretty easy.
Make sure you use your keywords in the title, the first paragraph and again in the last paragraph.
Oh, and make sure that you include a couple of pictures and links to your affiliate product. Pictures can be found by searching on Google, Bing or Yahoo.
Use Hyperlinks back to your affiliate products.
The links that you get from ClickBank are long, ugly and hard to remember.
- Start posting your articles on your blog and get 3 or 4 up as quickly as possible.
- Create an account at EzineArticles.com and submit 1 of your articles per week there. Also, create accounts at GoArticles.com and eHow.com.
Post 1 article per week per account. Continue to do this every week.
The more you post on your blog and the more you submit articles, the more popular your blog will become.
This will get your affiliate marketing business up and operational quickly without spending a dime. Establish a routine and stick with it. You should be posting on your blog daily for at least the first month.
This may seem like a lot, but it shouldn’t take you more than an hour each day.
I found that helping others accomplish their goals is inspirational and that it is the most rewarding part of my career development. I currently own a successful Internet-based network marketing business.
It is my mission in life to build relationships and assist others to meet and exceed their goals.
Now you are ready to Use these 11 Secrets to Start a profitable Affiliate Business in 30 Days or Less for Under 20 bucks. Look for more about building your affiliate business in future posts.
Click here to get a FREE Access to the Affiliate Profits Club.
If you found this helpful, share it with your friends. Be sure to leave your comments below.